Richard Henry Maney is a Managing Partner with Maney & Gordon & Zeller, P.A. (dba Stafford Immigration Group). For more than 38 years, he has practiced in the field of Immigration and Naturalization.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida in 1972. In 1974, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida College of Law. Mr. Maney is a member of the Florida Bar Association and is Board Certified in the field of Immigration and Naturalization Law. He also serves as a mentor for other attorneys through the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
He has previously served as vice chairman and chairman of the Tampa Bay International Trade Council. Mr. Maney was selected to Leadership Tampa. Richard Maney is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, Florida Supreme Court, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
In 1983, Richard Maney authored the U.S. Immigration Law Investor and Business Visa Guide, which has been distributed worldwide through the commercial section of the U.S. Consulates abroad. He has also published the Amnesty Guide (1987); the Treaty Investor Visa Guide (1989); the Student Visa Guide (1992); the Immigrant Story (2015); and The Visa Guide (1995) (2000 2nd Edition) (2003 3rd Edition) (2017 4th Edition). He is also a contributing author to the Florida Bar CLE, Immigration Law and Practice in Florida (1987).
Mr. Maney is the founder of the Immigrant Protection Plan.
Richard Maney has served as an adjunct instructor for Hillsborough Community College. He has also acted as host to the local legal television show Cross Exam. He is founder and president of Community Action Project, Incorporated-Reading is Fundamental (RIF) of Hillsborough County. This program has furnished more than 1.2 million free books to elementary school children in the Tampa Bay area.
• 1990 – present; Board Certified in Immigration and Naturality Law by the Florida Bar. This certification is an important indicator of professional expertise. There are over 84,000 lawyers in the State of Florida. Only .086% of these lawyers are Board Certified in Immigration. Mr. Maney and Mr. Zeller have both received and hold this prestigious ranking.
• Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney can obtain in the areas of legal ability and ethical standards.
• Selected for the 2014 edition of “Tampa’s Top Rated Lawyers,” an annual publication from Martindale-Hubbell. To create this list, Martindale-Hubbell selects the finest advocates in the region from an elite pool of AV Preeminent Rated attorneys.
• 25 Years As an AV Rated Attorney by Martindale Hubbell, signifying the consistently high standard of counsel Mr. Maney has provided for his clients for more than a quarter of a century.
• Inclusion in Marquis’ 2011 guide to “Who’s Who in American Law,” a reference guide to the nation’s leading attorneys and legal professionals.
• Named among the Top 10% of America’s Most Honored Professionals by the American Registry. This independent ratings organization recognizes top performers who are consistently rated and ranked as the best in their field.
• Inclusion in the 1997 Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell. This prestigious distinction is reserved for the most esteemed attorneys in the nation. There are more than one million attorneys practicing in the United States, but fewer than 9,000 are selected for inclusion in this elite registry.
• 2014 – present; American Immigration Alliance, President
• 1982 – present; American Immigration Lawyers Association, Mentor
• 1978 – present; American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
• 1976 – present; Hillsborough Bar Association, Member
• Visa Options for International Students, Schiller International University – 2016
• Student to Green Card – University of South Florida – 2015
• Student to Green Card – University of Tampa – 2014
• Effective Immigration Compliance for Business – Sterling Education Systems – 2013
• Strategic Immigration Planning -Florida HR Conference 2011 – 2011
• The Civil Right of Immigrants – USF Civil Rights Conference – 2010
• Immigration Alternatives – HR Florida 2010 – 2010
• Immigration Strategies – HR Tampa Annual Conference – 2009
• Strategic Immigration Planning – HR Florida Annual Conference – 2009
• Immigration Alternatives & Strategies – Hillsborough County Bar Association – 2008
• Competitive Advantages for Businesses – Sterling Immigration Law Seminar – 2005
• Immigration Solutions – Olive Garden Restaurants Private Presentation – 2003
• Increasing International Diversity – Darden Restaurants Private Presentation – 2002
• Immigration Horizons – Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education – 2002
• Immigration Planning for HR – SHRM International Conference – 2000
IN THE NEWS
• Presidential Politics and Immigration Misinformation – March 28, 2016
• Mayors File Brief in Support of Obama Deferred Action Plan – April 07, 2015
• Republicans Take Aim at Hispanics – February 18, 2015
• Priority Dates for Employment Based Third Preference Jump Ahead – January 14, 2015
• Temporary Protected Status for Many Immigrants – January 08, 2015
• Solving Congressional Impasse – October 07, 2013
• Proposed Immigration Law – Fair and Balanced – April 26, 2013
• Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgendered Deserve Equality Under Law – March 29, 2013
• New Senate Immigration Proposal Offers Hope – February 07, 2013
• Obama is Best for the Future of Immigration – October 31, 2012
• New Immigration Law Predicates Boycott of Arizona – September 19, 2012
• Twenty Outstanding Years for Partner Jack Gordon – September 07, 2012
• DACA Applicants Provide Inspiration – September 07, 2012
• Arizona Governor Jan Brewer Reveals True Racist Motivations – August 24, 2012
• Concerns Remain for Deferred Action Applicants – August 13, 2012
Christian G. A. Zeller is a Managing Partner with Maney & Gordon & Zeller, P.A. (dba Stafford Immigration Group). He has over 10 years of experience and is individually AV rated, by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating an attorney can obtain in the areas of legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Zeller is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Immigration & Nationality Law, and practices exclusively in the areas of U.S. Immigration & Nationality Law and related International Law. Additionally, Mr. Zeller is also an English Solicitor licensed to practice law in England & Wales.
Mr. Zeller offers expert representation in the areas of immigration solutions for businesses, worksite enforcement and compliance, all visa categories, consular processing, family immigration, removal defense, appeals, and immigration-related federal court litigation and more.
Mr. Zeller has authored numerous articles on immigration law and international law topics for publication and he is a frequent speaker at bar associations, universities, and private sector interest groups.
• 2014 – Present; Board Certified in Immigration and Naturality Law by the Florida Bar. This certification is a strong indicator of an attorney’s professional expertise – of more than 84,000 attorneys in the State of Florida, just .086% have earned this prestigious distinction. Our firm has two such advocates in Mr. Zeller and Mr. Maney.
• An AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell. Considered one of the highest honors an attorney can receive, this rating signifies the high standard of both legal ability and ethical standards Mr. Zeller exhibits.
• Named a 2015 Member of the Top 100 Lawyers by Top National Advocates. This invitation-only organization represents the finest 100 attorneys in each state, reserved for those with an exceptional reputation, record of quality legal performance, and who exhibit tremendous leadership and influence.
• 2016 American Institute of Legal Counsel: Top 10 Best in Customer Service Award. Although Attorneys can achieve high degrees of personal success, this is sometimes at the expense of the most important party in the case – the client. The American Institute of Legal Counsel identifies Attorneys who have achieved unparalleled personal success, but done so for the benefit of their client. This is a very significant achievement, as very few Attorneys are capable of accomplishing this.
• 2009 – present; Law Society of England and Wales, Member
• 2007 – present; Federal Bar Association, Member
• 2006 – present; Hillsborough Bar Association, Member- International Law Section
• 2005 – present; American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member- International Law Section
• 2002 – present; American Bar Association, Member
• 2002- present; Florida Bar Association, Member
How can we help you?
Let us know how we can help you by completing our online assessment form. We will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.
NEWS & BLOG ARTICLES
J-1 Visitor Exchange Program for Trainees...Read More >>
Comparing Visas: L-1 vs. E-2...Read More >>
3 major benefits of hiring a US Immigration Law firm...Read More >>
Immigration Lawyers That Handle All U.S. Immigration Matters...Read More >>
Why Should I Hire a U.S. Immigration Lawyer?...Read More >>
The TN Visa: Entering the United States as a Canadian or Mexican Professional...Read More >>