Home » Services » Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) » EB-4 Religious Workers

EB-4 Religious Workers

In general, the EB-4 category is for religious workers entering the United States pursuant to their ministry.


You must meet the following requirements to qualify for an EB-4 immigrant visa:

1. Must be a member of a religious denomination that has a non-profit religious organization in the United States
2. Must have been a member of this religious denomination for at least two years before applying for admission to the United States
3. Must be entering the United States to work:as a minister or priest of the religious denomination;
4. In a professional capacity in a religious vocation or occupation for the religious organization (a professional capacity means that a U.S. baccalaureate degree or foreign equivalent is required to do this job);or
5. In a religious vocation or occupation for the religious organization or its nonprofit affiliate.

Religious Vocation: A religious vocation means a calling or devotion to religious life. Taking vows can prove that you have a calling to religious life.

Religious Occupation: A religious occupation is an activity devoted to traditional religious functions. Examples of religious occupations include, but are not limited to, cantors, missionaries, and religious instructors.

How can we help you?

Let us know how we can help you by completing our online assessment form. We will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.



J-1 Visitor Exchange Program for Trainees...


Comparing Visas: L-1 vs. E-2...


3 major benefits of hiring a US Immigration Law firm...Read More >>


Immigration Lawyers That Handle All U.S. Immigration Matters...


Why Should I Hire a U.S. Immigration Lawyer?...


The TN Visa: Entering the United States as a Canadian or Mexican Professional...Read More >>

View More Articles