Home » Services » Non-immigrant Visas (Temporary Visas) » P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

The P-1 visa is for individual athletes or athletic teams with international recognition. Entertainment companies that are nationally recognized as outstanding also qualify. Circus personnel are eligible for P-1 visas if the circus itself has a national reputation. Whereas eligibility for an O-1 visa must be based solely on the individual’s qualifications, the eligibility for a P-1 visa may be based on the accomplishments of a team. Professional golfers, skaters, skiers, swimmers, gymnasts, boxers and judo and karate experts are eligible for P visas.

P-2 visas are available to artists or entertainers, either individually or as part of a group, who come to the US to perform under a reciprocal exchange program between the US and one or more other countries.

P-3 visas are available to artists or entertainers who come to the US, either individually or as a group, to develop, perform, teach or coach in a program that is culturally unique. Support staff also qualify for this visa.

You may apply for permanent residence while on a P visa. O and P visas can be extended for the time needed, without limitation.

How can we help you?

Let us know how we can help you by completing our online assessment form. We will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours.



J-1 Visitor Exchange Program for Trainees...


Comparing Visas: L-1 vs. E-2...


3 major benefits of hiring a US Immigration Law firm...Read More >>


Immigration Lawyers That Handle All U.S. Immigration Matters...


Why Should I Hire a U.S. Immigration Lawyer?...


The TN Visa: Entering the United States as a Canadian or Mexican Professional...Read More >>

View More Articles