There are a variety of visas available for foreign nationals who have been offered a job in the United States from a U.S. employer. The list of employment visas below link to articles on this website that summarize the requirements for each.
Employment Visas for Professionals
- H-1B – For persons in a specialty occupation (eg. professionals)
- TN – For professionals who are citizens of Canada or Mexico
- E-3 – For Australian professionals
- J-1 – For those participating in an internship, training program, or exchange program in the U.S.
- O-1 – For persons with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, business, athletics, or education.
Employment Visas for Managers, Investors, and Entrepreneurs
- L-1 – For Intracompany transferees
- E-1 – For managers/executives of companies that conduct most of their business with the U.S.
- E-2 – For managers/executives of companies that invest a substantial amount of capital in the U.S.
Employment Visas for Members of the Media, Actors/Actresses, and Athletes
- I-1 – For representatives of the foreign media
- P-1 – For athletes and entertainers
- O-1 – For persons with extraordinary ability in the arts, sciences, business, athletics, or education
How to Obtain Permanent Residence through Employment
> Employment Visas
> Investment and Business Visas
> Family and Marriage Visas
> Student Visas
> Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)
> Non-Immigrant Visas (Temporary Visa)
> Criminal Inadmissibility
> U.S. Waiver for Canadians
> U.S. Immigration Services in the Vancouver Area
> U.S. Immigration Lawyer in Toronto
> Experienced U.S. Immigration Lawyer in Montreal
> Immigration Lawyer in Calgary