I Media Visa

The I-1 visa is available to those working in the media, including representatives of foreign press, radio, film or other foreign information media outlets. Examples of individuals eligible for the I-1 visa include reporters, film crews, video editors, and photojournalists. However, only those involved in the production or distribution of informational, educational film or videos are included in this category.

The I-1 visa can be issued to individuals who are working on news stories or documentaries. Employees of independent production companies, where the employee is a member of a professional press or media association, may also obtain an I-1 visa.